Thebump.com – 18 Best Toddler Snow Boots (That Moms Will Love Too)
KEEP YOUR LITTLE ONE’S TOES WARM (AND STYLISH!) WITH THESE CUTE AND COZY SNOW BOOTS FOR TODDLERS.
While you may look at a snowy, slushy day as a reason to stay cozy on the couch, chances are your kiddo thinks the opposite. Toddlers are natural born explorers—and winter is a season made for adventure. There’s snow to stomp on, ice to slide over and slush to splash in! Your job? Making sure your winter-loving toddler is warm and safe, especially on those wobbly feet. Here, your guide to snagging the best toddler snow boots that’ll keep them warm, dry and on their feet, having fun.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN TODDLER SNOW BOOTS
There’s more to buying snow boots for toddlers than cuteness alone. The best toddler snow boots keep your kid’s feet warm, dry, comfortable—and nimble. Take a look at some of the must-haves to tick off your toddler winter boots shopping list.
• Easy on, easy off. Do you want to be asked to tie up laces every 10 minutes? Of course not. So look for toddler snow boots that are slip on or have zippers—while also sealing off the space that snow could drip into.
• Perfect fit. Believe it or not, toddler snow boots that are too small or too big can actually lead to cold feet. Only a properly fitting snow boot has the ability to trap the heat produced by your child’s feet and keep it inside the boot. You know the boot is a good fit if your child can walk and run in her boots without any shuffling (and that’s with heavy socks). Tip: If you can pop the insole out of the snow boot, do it and have your toddler stand on it. Is there’s a finger- or finger-and-a-half width of space at the end of the boot? Then it’s a good fit.
• Weatherproof. Have you ever had the displeasure of wearing leaky boots? It’s terrible. Help your child avoid that wet, uncomfortable mess: Buy only toddler snow boots that are are 100 percent waterproof. Be warned: Some have only a waterproof shell around the foot, leaving the shaft up the leg susceptible to leaks.
• Warm inside. Take a peek inside those toddler snow boots and read the tag. You want to be sure they’re insulated with a soft, warm lining, like Thinsulate or shearling.
• Gripping soles. Slipping and falling is a real possibility when playing in the snow. Should that stop your toddler from exploring? Heck, no! Instead, make sure your pick for toddler snow boots has grooved, rubber soles for proper traction and stability.
BEST TODDLER SNOW BOOTS
There are a lot of snow boots out there. Like, a lot. Some are adorable but not warm. Some are warm but not at all cute. And still others seem to be perfect until your child is wading through a snow drift and you realize water-resistant isn’t quite the same as waterproof. Never fear. We’ve shopped around with the must-have checklist in hand to make shopping for the best toddler snow boots a whole lot easier.
18. Butler Macaroni 3-in-1 Tall Boot
You’ve no doubt heard of 3-in-1 cribs—but 3-in-1 snow boots? Yep, you read that right. These 100 percent waterproof all-weather boots offer loads of warmth and comfort, thanks to the thick tech liner. And they do triple duty, transforming into overshoes (with the liner removed) and slippers (using just the liner), giving you plenty of bang for your buck.